Eco-Development Committee/ Tribal welfare
- In order to elicit active co-operation from the people residing on the fringes of the reserve and to ensure their reciprocal commitment in conservation, Eco- development committees (EDCs)have been formed.
- Now there are 18 such EDCs in the fringe villages established with the funding assistance of Project Tiger.
- Members of the EDCs have been Engaged in protection works such as Anti poaching watchers (APWs),Anti Depredation watchers, Eco Sanitary watchers, Eco Guides, Drivers for safari vehicles, Fire watchers,and these members are being engaged in Fire line and weed clearing works. (About 1 lakh man days per year).
- Vocational Training Programs through NGO for livelihood options like tailoring, motor vehicle maintenance and catering (Trained 471 and Employed 221), as on date.
- Providing school bus facilities to the tribal school children.
- Health care Medical awareness benefiting over 1.5 lakh local people